This Electrum Wallet is presented to you by the NewYorkCoin Community.
This Electrum Wallet is still in a Public Beta, meaning some features might not work as intended and that bugs are possible. Please report bugs in our Discord #wallet-help
Releases:Shortcode Error: GitHub repository not found
When using this wallet, take into account a few things:
- Write down your seed, which is created for you on fresh install. With this seed, you can always ‘transfer’ funds from a lost wallet (eg due to a PC crash) to a new wallet with a sweep function
- Do NOT share your seed with anybody as this allows that person to ‘sweep’ your wallet. That would mean your coins are forever lost.
- Encrypt your wallet with a secure password that only you know.
A beginners guide on Electrum usage can be found here.
Electrum main features:
- Encrypted wallet: the file that contains your NewYorkCoin is protected with a password. You are protected from thieves.
- Deterministic key generation: If you lose your wallet, you can recover it from its seed. You are protected from your own mistakes.
- Instant on: the client does not download the blockchain, it requests that information from a server. No delays, always up-to-date.
- Transactions are signed locally: Your private keys are not shared with the server. You do not have to trust the server with your money.
- Freedom and Privacy: The server does not store user accounts. You are not tied to a particular server, and the server does not need to know you. You can export your private keys.
- No scripts: Electrum does not download any script. A compromised server cannot send you arbitrary code and steal your NewYorkCoin.
- No single point of failure: The server code is open source, anyone can run a server.
- Firewall friendly: The client does not need to open a port, it simply polls the server for updates.
- Free software: Gnu GPL v3. Anyone can audit the code.
- Written in Python. The code is short, and easy to review.